This page contains a list of published literature which is recommended for your attention. There is of course nowadays a vast amount of excellent literature on the Reformed faith and Baptist beliefs and practices. The literature recommended here refers especially to material of particular importance in connection with the purposes of RT.
The London Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689
- Second London Confession of Faith, ‘A Confession of Faith…printed in The Year 1677’ (Facsimile edition), B&R Press, 369 Oxford Street, Auburn, Massachusetts 01501, USA
- A Faith to Confess – the Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689 – rewritten in modern English (Leeds: Carey Publications Trust, 1975)
- The Baptist Confession of Faith 1689 with Scripture Proofs; updated with Notes by Peter Masters (London: The Wakeman Trust, 1981)
Reformed Baptist History: general
- Haykin, M.J., (ed.), The British Particular Baptists 1638-1910 Volumes 1-3 (Springfield: Particular Baptist Press, 1998, 2000, 2003) 249, 271, 340pp.
- Anthony L. Chute, Nathan A. Finn, Michael A.G. Haykin, The Baptist Story: from English sect to global movement (B&H Publishing) 356p.
- George, T., and Dockery, D.S., (eds.) Theologians of the Baptist Tradition (Nashville: Broadman & Holman Publishers, 2001) 414pp.
- Naylor, P., Calvinism, Communion and the Baptists, A Study of English Calvinistic Baptists from the Late 1600s to the Early 1800s (Carlisle: Paternoster Press, 2003) 265pp.
- Nettles, T.J., By His Grace and for His Glory, A Historical, Theological, and Practical Study of the Doctrines of Grace in Baptist Life (Grand Rapids: Baker, 1986) 442pp.
- Nettles, T.J., The Baptists – Key People Involved in Forming a Baptist Identity, Volume One: Beginnings in Britain, Volume Two: Beginnings in America, Volume Three: The Modern Era (Fearn: CFP Mentor, 2005) 390pp., 510pp., 462pp., resp.
- Oliver, R.W., History of the English Calvinistic Baptists 1771-1892 (Edinburgh: Banner of Truth Trust, 2006) 410pp.
- Everett Ferguson, Baptism in the Early Church – history, theology, liturgy in the first five centuries (GR Eerdmans, 2009) 953p.
Reformed Baptist History: specific biographical works
- Haykin, M.A.G., Kiffin, Knollys and Keach – Rediscovering our English Baptist Heritage (Leeds: Reformation Today Trust, 1996) 125pp.
- Haykin, M.A.G., (ed.) At the Pure Fountain of Thy Word, Andrew Fuller as an Apologist (Carlisle: Paternoster Press, 2004) 275pp.
- Walker, A., The Excellent Benjamin Keach (Dundas: Joshua Press, 2nd edition 2015) 423pp.
Reformed Baptist Theology
- Malone, F., The Baptism of Disciples Alone, A Covenantal Argument for Credobaptism Versus Paedobaptism (Cape Coral: Founders Press, 2003) 284pp.
- Schreiner, T.R., and Wright, S.D., (eds.) Believers Baptism, Sign of the New Covenant in Christ (Nashville: B&H Academic, 2006) 364pp.
- Boyce, J.P., Abstract of Systematic Theology (republished Den Dulk Christian Foundation).
- Waldron, S.E. A Modern Exposition of the 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith (Darlington: Evangelical Press, 1989 21995) 490pp.
- Greg Nicholls, Covenant Theology: A Reformed and Baptistic Perspective on God’s Covenants (Birmingham Alabame: Solid Ground Christian Books, 2012), 366 pp.
- Gary Crampton, From Paedobaptism to Credobaptism: a water that unites (RBAP, 2010, 1694 Wrights Landing Road, Owensboro, KY 42303) email@example.com 126 pp.
Reformed Baptist Church Practice
- Clarke, P., Garlington, D., Hulse, E., Kingdon, D., Payne, B., Our Baptist Heritage – Issues Facing Reformed Baptists Today (Pensacola: Chapel Library, 1993) 117pp.
- Poh Boon Sing, The Keys of the Kingdom, A Study on the Biblical Form of Church Government (Seri Kembangan: Good News Enterprise, 1995) 417pp.
- Dever, M., 9 Marks of a Healthy Church (Wheaton: Crossway, 2004) 287pp.
- Dever, M., and Alexander, P., The Deliberate Church – Building your Ministry on the Gospel (Wheaton: Crossway, 2005) 221pp.
- Renihan, James M., Edification and Beauty: The Practical Ecclesiology of the English Particular Baptists, 1675-1705 (Paternoster, 2008): 207pp.
“Reformation Today” is registered in the UK as a charity. Charity no: 1017000
© 2016 Reformation Today